Author Question: In what ways does Hume have a tendency to confuse Logic with Psychology? (Read 823 times)

Millan

This is not a homework assignment.  I am interested in your views.

Hungry!

Not quite sure where you're going with this. Are you referring to Hume's analysis of Inductive Inferences? Please advise.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

They assume that everyone is sane...

camila

If "A" = "B" and "B" = "C" then therefore...

You better make sure your "A" and "B" are correct for "A" to equal "C"...

(And there's the rub right there..)

Some people think they're being logical about their "C" conclusion when their "A" and/or "B" info or premise is incorrect, thus making their "C" conclusion incorrect by default...

So therefore my "C" conclusion is...

I have no idea what I'm talking about half the time...does that make sense?  No?  Okay...well...let's have another beer and think this through again...

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library