This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, ... (Read 340 times)

bobbie

A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, closing my eyes, and concentrating on my breathing. The patient is describing use of

a. imagery.
  b. meditation.
  c. relaxation.
  d. recreation.

Question 2

The key to modifying co-dependent behavior is

a. recognition.
  b. recreation.
  c. intensive therapy.
  d. establishing vulnerability.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wshriver

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Meditation uses the techniques described. Imagery requires the patient to focus on a pleasant scene. The scenario does not describe relaxation or recreation, although the end result of meditation should be relaxation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
In order to change or modify co-dependent behavior, the individual must recognize that the behavior is co-dependent and must come to understand its effects on patients and peers. Recreation is not the key to modifying co-dependent behavior. Intensive therapy may not be required to modify co-dependent behavior. Establishing vulnerability has nothing to do with modifying co-dependent behavior.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

vickyvicksss

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library