This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Meredith Preston and Javier Martinez, two fifth-grade teachers, are talking in the teachers' lounge ... (Read 133 times)

abern

Meredith Preston and Javier Martinez, two fifth-grade teachers, are talking in the teachers' lounge after school.
  My students are impossible, Meredith sighs. They don't do their homework, their parents won't answer the phone when I call, and most of them don't know their basic math facts.
  I think we should make them learn whether they want to or not, Javier responds. I think if we're good enough, we can get all of them to learn. Some will learn more than others, but we can get every one of them to learn more than they are now. I tell them, Don't try to slipsloppy work past me, because I'm just going to make you do it over.' It's surprising. Some of them are a lot sharper than we give them credit for.
  Javier's comments best illustrate which of the following variables from the model for promoting student motivation?

a. Personal teaching efficacy
  b. Positive expectations
  c. Order and safety
  d. Task comprehension

Question 2

The degree to which an assessment measures what it is supposed to measure refers to which of the following characteristics of the assessment?

a. Authenticity
  b. Reliability
  c. Validity
  d. Objectivity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Missbam101

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

c

abern

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Laurenleakan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library