This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Meredith Preston and Javier Martinez, two fifth-grade teachers, are talking in the teachers' lounge ... (Read 138 times)

abern

Meredith Preston and Javier Martinez, two fifth-grade teachers, are talking in the teachers' lounge after school.
  My students are impossible, Meredith sighs. They don't do their homework, their parents won't answer the phone when I call, and most of them don't know their basic math facts.
  I think we should make them learn whether they want to or not, Javier responds. I think if we're good enough, we can get all of them to learn. Some will learn more than others, but we can get every one of them to learn more than they are now. I tell them, Don't try to slipsloppy work past me, because I'm just going to make you do it over.' It's surprising. Some of them are a lot sharper than we give them credit for.
  Javier's comments best illustrate which of the following variables from the model for promoting student motivation?

a. Personal teaching efficacy
  b. Positive expectations
  c. Order and safety
  d. Task comprehension

Question 2

The degree to which an assessment measures what it is supposed to measure refers to which of the following characteristics of the assessment?

a. Authenticity
  b. Reliability
  c. Validity
  d. Objectivity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Missbam101

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

c

abern

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Excellent

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library