This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Briefly explain the following titles of the Clean Air Act: Title I, Title II, and Title III. What ... (Read 91 times)

wenmo

Briefly explain the following titles of the Clean Air Act: Title I, Title II, and Title III.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What are the major goals of the Clean Air Act?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

akpaschal

Answer to Question 1

Title I: Urban Air Quality
Establishes five classes for noncompliance with ambient air quality standards: marginal, moderate, serious, severe, and extreme.
Title II: Mobile Sources
Increases the emission standards for automobiles in two steps (1998 and 2003). Also requires the sale of reformulated gasoline in selected high-pollution cities.
Title III: Hazardous Air Pollutants
Requires EPA to use maximum control technologies to regulate the use of 189 toxic substances.

Title IV: Acid Rain Control
Allows EPA to issue acid rain allowances to existing companies. Allowances can be used, saved, or sold to other companies.
Title V: Permits
Requires major pollution emitters to obtain a special permit. Contains provisions that allow concerned citizens to petition for the revocation of a company's permit.
Title VI: Stratospheric Ozone Provisions
Bans the manufacture of methyl chloroform. The manufactures of the five most ozone-destructive chemicals were phased out completely effective in the year 2000.
Title VII: Enforcement
Increases the ability of EPA and corresponding state agencies to impose both criminal and civil penalties against violators of the Clean Air Act.

Answer to Question 2

The Clean Air Act contains provisions that require companies to take whatever actions are necessary to prevent or minimize the potential consequences of the accidental release of pollutants into the air. It also established an independent chemical safety and hazard investigation board to investigate accidental releases of pollutants that result in death, serious injury, or substantial property damage.

wenmo

Reply 2 on: Jul 26, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library