Author Question: What are the Valence Electrons of all the Elements in the Periodic Table? (Read 591 times)

leilurhhh

I need help in Chemistry and I don't know how to determine all the valence electrons in the periodic table.

I need the equation or explanation on how to find it and give me all the answers to every element

mydiamond

The number of valence electrons is given by the GROUP NUMBER which runs along the top of the periodic table. Oxygen, in group VIA, for example, has 6 valence electrons. Magnesium, in group IIA, has 2.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

tth

Group number will generally tell you how many valence electrons in the element. All of the elements in a single group will have an identical number of valence electrons. All of the Group 18 elements (noble gases) will have full outer main energy levels, thus no valence electrons. Transition metals will always have 2 valence electrons.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library