This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Randy W. recently won the Western States Lottery of 6,500,000. The lottery pays either a total of ... (Read 211 times)

LaDunn

Randy W. recently won the Western States Lottery of 6,500,000. The lottery pays either a total of twenty 325,000 payments per year with the first payment today (i.e., an annuity due), or 3,500,000 today.

At what interest rate would Randy be financially indifferent between these two payout choices?
  A) 5.37
  B) 7.36
  C) 7.76
  D) 8.00

Question 2

SteelCo Production, Inc is considering the use of a lock-box collection system. SteelCo's average
  check receipt is 1,350. The company invests excess cash in money-market certificates and receives
  an average of 3.5 annual interest.

The lock-box system will speed up SteelCo's collections by 2.5
  days. What is the maximum per check processing cost that SteelCo should be willing to pay for the
  lock-box system?
  A) 0.4519 B) 0.2987 C) 0.3236 D) 0.1871

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

akudia

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C
Explanation: C) This is an iterative process (trial and error). Solve using the RATE function in Excel.
MODE = BEGIN
INPUT 20 ? -3,500,000 325,000 0
KEY N I/Y PV PMT FV
CPT 7.76

Answer to Question 2

C

LaDunn

Reply 2 on: Jul 10, 2018
Gracias!

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library