This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements describes the experiences of California Indians in the postwar ... (Read 28 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

Which of the following statements describes the experiences of California Indians in the postwar years?

a. California Indians won an award for the illegal seizure of their lands but it had little impact because the government deducted the cost of goods and services rendered on the reservations.
  b. The Indian population of California increased and diversified as a result of the federal relocation program.
  c. The federal policy of termination resulted in the termination of 23 California rancheras.
  d. All of the above.

Question 2

The 1952 McCarren Immigration and Naturalization Act

a. supported the anti-Communist tendencies of the decade by specifically targeting undocumented immigrants who engaged in subversive activities for deportation.
  b. ended the category of aliens ineligible for citizenship, thereby clearing the path for Asians to become U.S. citizens and own property.
  c. allowed an unlimited number of Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans to legally immigrate each year.
  d. granted citizenship to all Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans already living in the United States.