Author Question: In what ways does Hume have a tendency to confuse Logic with Psychology? (Read 825 times)

Millan

This is not a homework assignment.  I am interested in your views.

Hungry!

Not quite sure where you're going with this. Are you referring to Hume's analysis of Inductive Inferences? Please advise.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

They assume that everyone is sane...

camila

If "A" = "B" and "B" = "C" then therefore...

You better make sure your "A" and "B" are correct for "A" to equal "C"...

(And there's the rub right there..)

Some people think they're being logical about their "C" conclusion when their "A" and/or "B" info or premise is incorrect, thus making their "C" conclusion incorrect by default...

So therefore my "C" conclusion is...

I have no idea what I'm talking about half the time...does that make sense?  No?  Okay...well...let's have another beer and think this through again...

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library