Author Question: Rearrange each formula to solve for the indicated variable. (Read 4243 times)

Hungry!

a) y = ab – q

solve for b

b) i = p(u + xc)

solve for c

:o

clippers!

a) y = ab – q

solve for b

(y - q) / a = b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

clippers!

b) i = p(u + xc)

solve for c

((i / p) - u)/x = c

Engineer

add q on both side we get
y+q=ab
now divide a on both side
(y+q)/a = b
so answer is
(y+q)/a = b

Engineer

same as second one answer is

(i-pu)/px = c

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library