This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The following questions are about mutual funds: i. What are index funds? ii. What is an expense ... (Read 83 times)

debasdf

The following questions are about mutual funds:

i. What are index funds?
  ii. What is an expense ratio? How do expense ratios affect the value of an investor's portfolio?

Question 2

Using the Taylor rule, if the current inflation rate equals the target inflation rate and real GDP is less than potential GDP, then the federal funds target rate ________ the sum of the current inflation rate plus the real equilibrium federal funds

rate.
  A) will be less than B) will be greater than
  C) will be the same as D) may be greater than or less than

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

trog

Answer to Question 1

i. An index fund is a mutual fund that is passively managed, which means that the mutual fund manager simply tries to track the return of an index, like the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index.
A-head: INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS
Concept:Mutual funds
ii. Expense ratios are annual fees charged by mutual funds in order to pay mutual fund managers and to pay other record-keeping and marketing costs of the fund. Expense ratios make a very big difference in the long-run performance of investments. Paying an annual fee of even 1 percent will reduce the annual rate of return on the investment from say, 10 percent to 10  1 = 9 percent.
A-head: INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS; CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE: OVERLOOKING FEES
Concept: Expense ratios

Answer to Question 2

A

debasdf

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
Excellent

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library