This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The opportunity cost of producing a laptop is lower in Laborland than in Utopia while the ... (Read 81 times)

theo

The opportunity cost of producing a laptop is lower in Laborland than in Utopia while the opportunity cost of producing wheat is lower in Utopia than in Laborland. However, Laborland can produce more of both the goods.

i) Can mutually beneficial trade take place between the two countries? Explain your answer.
  ii) Which country should specialize in the production of which good?

Question 2

According to the equation of exchange, if V = 10, P = 3, and Y = 50, then the money supply equals

A) 10. B) 15. C) 30. D) 150.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meganmoser117

Answer to Question 1

i) Mutually beneficial trade can take place between the two countries although Laborland can produce more of both the goods. This is because Laborland has a comparative advantage in the production of laptops while Utopia has a comparative advantage in the production of wheat. Specializing in the good that a country can produce at a lower opportunity cost and buying the other good from the other country allows both countries to enjoy gains from trade.
ii) Each country should specialize in the production of the good in which it has a comparative advantage and export that good to the other country. In this case, Laborland should produce laptops and Utopia should produce wheat.

Answer to Question 2

B

theo

Reply 2 on: Jun 30, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library