This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been told he has cataracts in both eyes. The patient wants to know what his treatment ... (Read 46 times)

jon_i

A patient has been told he has cataracts in both eyes. The patient wants to know what his treatment options are.

What is the most appropriate treatment option for patients with age-related cataracts that are affecting the patient's ability to function?
  A) Antioxidant supplements, vitamin C and E, beta-carotene, and selenium
  B) Eyeglasses or magnifying lenses
  C) Corticosteroid eye drops
  D) Surgical intervention

Question 2

The nurse who is providing care for an older adult patient who has dementia has read in the patient's chart that she has developed skin breakdown in her perineum as a result of urinary and fecal incontinence. The nurse knows to specifically assess:

A) The skin in and around the woman's gluteal crease
  B) The woman's labia majora and labia minora
  C) The woman's urethral meatus and the adjacent mucus membranes
  D) The area between the woman's vagina and rectum

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tjayeee

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library