This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been told he has cataracts in both eyes. The patient wants to know what his treatment ... (Read 59 times)

jon_i

A patient has been told he has cataracts in both eyes. The patient wants to know what his treatment options are.

What is the most appropriate treatment option for patients with age-related cataracts that are affecting the patient's ability to function?
  A) Antioxidant supplements, vitamin C and E, beta-carotene, and selenium
  B) Eyeglasses or magnifying lenses
  C) Corticosteroid eye drops
  D) Surgical intervention

Question 2

The nurse who is providing care for an older adult patient who has dementia has read in the patient's chart that she has developed skin breakdown in her perineum as a result of urinary and fecal incontinence. The nurse knows to specifically assess:

A) The skin in and around the woman's gluteal crease
  B) The woman's labia majora and labia minora
  C) The woman's urethral meatus and the adjacent mucus membranes
  D) The area between the woman's vagina and rectum

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tjayeee

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

deja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library