This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following sentences contains a dangling modifier? a. After building a fence around ... (Read 100 times)

Mr. Wonderful

Which of the following sentences contains a dangling modifier?

a. After building a fence around my yard, my dog was still able to get out.
  b. Forgetting to lock her back door, Vanessa later found thieves had stolen her laptop.
  c. Reading a story to the class of first graders, the teacher held their complete attention.
  d. Visiting my home town, I was surprised at how little had changed.

Question 2

What is a research question and how is it used?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

durant1234

Answer to Question 1

a. After building a fence around my yard, my dog was still able to get out.

Answer to Question 2

A research question is a question stating what the researcher wants to learn; it narrows the
focus of the search.

Mr. Wonderful

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

isabelt_18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library