This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An elderly patient who lives with her daughter, son-in-law, and their three children re-veals that ... (Read 103 times)

Mr.Thesaxman

An elderly patient who lives with her daughter, son-in-law, and their three children re-veals that her daughter sometimes slaps her when she does not move fast enough or spills things.

The daughter states, I have so much to do that I become frustrated when my mother can't move fast enough or causes me extra work. The nurse caring for the mother could appropriately suggest:
  a. Moving the mother to an adult ambulatory care facility
  b. Employing an aide to provide care and stimulation for the mother
  c. Enrolling in a therapeutic group that addresses stress management
  d. Reading the elder law of the state to learn the penalties for elder abuse

Question 2

A toddler was brought to the hospital with a broken humerus and upper arm bruising. The child's father states that he shook the child while disciplining him to teach him to be qui-et. An appropriate family-related nursing diagnosis is:

a. Anxiety related to physical abuse
  b. Powerlessness related to inability to keep child quiet
  c. Impaired parenting related to unrealistic expectations for child
  d. Risk for impaired parenting related to harsh disciplinary methods

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kalskdjl1212

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The daughter has many stressors and has few external supports. Enrolling in a stress man-agement group would provide support as well as teach new adaptive coping strategies. Being required to read the law is threatening. The remaining options are premature.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This diagnosis is supported by data in the scenario. Violence has occurred, so a risk diagnosis is not appropriate. The remaining diagnoses are not supported by data.

Mr.Thesaxman

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library