This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An elderly patient who lives with her daughter, son-in-law, and their three children re-veals that ... (Read 106 times)

Mr.Thesaxman

An elderly patient who lives with her daughter, son-in-law, and their three children re-veals that her daughter sometimes slaps her when she does not move fast enough or spills things.

The daughter states, I have so much to do that I become frustrated when my mother can't move fast enough or causes me extra work. The nurse caring for the mother could appropriately suggest:
  a. Moving the mother to an adult ambulatory care facility
  b. Employing an aide to provide care and stimulation for the mother
  c. Enrolling in a therapeutic group that addresses stress management
  d. Reading the elder law of the state to learn the penalties for elder abuse

Question 2

A toddler was brought to the hospital with a broken humerus and upper arm bruising. The child's father states that he shook the child while disciplining him to teach him to be qui-et. An appropriate family-related nursing diagnosis is:

a. Anxiety related to physical abuse
  b. Powerlessness related to inability to keep child quiet
  c. Impaired parenting related to unrealistic expectations for child
  d. Risk for impaired parenting related to harsh disciplinary methods

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kalskdjl1212

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The daughter has many stressors and has few external supports. Enrolling in a stress man-agement group would provide support as well as teach new adaptive coping strategies. Being required to read the law is threatening. The remaining options are premature.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This diagnosis is supported by data in the scenario. Violence has occurred, so a risk diagnosis is not appropriate. The remaining diagnoses are not supported by data.

Mr.Thesaxman

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bimper21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library