Author Question: How to get the power rating in Watts from a label? (Read 1451 times)

j_sun

Okay so my Science homework is like this Energy Audit thing and I've got the formulas to calculate stuff if I input the power rating in watts for each appliance anyway my computer says 50hz 5Amps 240v (Australian Outlet Voltage by the way) so I can I can calculate the power rating in watts from this

Millan

W = V * A. So W = 5 * 240

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Jones

You can calculate Wattage by multiplying voltage and current (5*240=1200W). You mention that its a project on energy. Just an fyi energy is wattage over a time period. So you would need to multiply that over the time the computer is on. Most cases it's in kWh so watch your units...

TI

Equal 1200 watts maximum power can be used from each outlet.

TI

The formula for watts (not VA) is W=(240 *5)*Power Factor.

The power factor of a computer is less than 1, so the watts will be less than 1200.

Your computer is rated at 1200 VA (volt-amperes).

TexMav

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library