Author Question: Personality traits most likely to describe a patient diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive personality ... (Read 136 times)

HCHenry

Personality traits most likely to describe a patient diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder are

a. friendly; generous.
  b. dramatic; impulsive.
  c. perfectionist; inflexible.
  d. suspicious; submissive.

Question 2

A patient diagnosed with bipolar I disorder says, I will lead the next group about medications

I have studied all the effects and problems with drugs on the Internet, so I can answer patients' questions. How should the nurse document this finding?
  a. Flight of ideas
  b. Distractibility
  c. Limit-testing
  d. Grandiosity

cascooper22

Answer to Question 1

C
The individual with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder is perfectionist, rigid, preoccupied with rules and procedures, and afraid of making mistakes. The other options refer to behaviors or traits not usually associated with this personality disorder.

Answer to Question 2

D
Grandiosity is reflected when the individual makes statements that show an inflated sense of self-worth. Flight of ideas refers to rapidly shifting topics of conversation. Limit-testing refers to attempting to override the structure of the milieu. Distractibility refers to inability to maintain concentration when environmental stimuli shift.