This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a hospice home care visit the caregiver states, My mom has stopped eating. Should we consider ... (Read 39 times)

cnetterville

During a hospice home care visit the caregiver states, My mom has stopped eating. Should we consider tube feedings? Based on this conversation with the caregiver, which response by the nurse is appropriate?

1) I will speak to the doctor about an order for tube feedings.
  2) Did your mom want to have tube feedings?
  3) A decrease in appetite is normal in the dying process.
  4) A feeding tube is not going to prolong your mom's life.

Question 2

The nurse is providing home hospice care to a terminal patient. The caregiver states, My dad has not had a bowel movement in several days. Can you call the doctor for a stool softener? Which response by the nurse is appropriate?

1) Constipation is better than diarrhea; count your blessings.
  2) How much is your dad eating?
  3) Constipation is a common side effect when prescribed narcotics.'
  4) A stool softener is not appropriate; I will ask for a stimulant.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jessicaduplan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3

cnetterville

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library