This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When planning care for children, the nurse knows which of the following factors has the largest ... (Read 14 times)

tsand2

When planning care for children, the nurse knows which of the following factors has the largest impact but is not able to be altered to influence the growth and development of children?

A) Environment
  B) Genetics
  C) Socialization
  D) Family

Question 2

A nurse will know that teaching to increase self-care is effective when a female patient makes which of the following comments?

1. I'll do whatever you say; you're the nurse..
  2. I don't think I can quit smoking..
  3. I exercise for 30 minutes 3 days a week..
  4. What do you think I should do?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

izzat

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

1. Incorrect. Doing is different from comprehension. The goal of teaching about self-care is for the patient to understand the factors associated with her care. Generally, an understanding of self-care practices increases the chances of patients practicing healthy behaviors.
2. Incorrect. Smoking is only one behavior associated with self-care in pregnancy. Addi-tionally, the goal is for the patient to seek self-care health behaviors, not discount them.
3. Correct. This statement indicates the patient's willing participation and understanding of healthy self-care behaviors.
4. Incorrect. The patient's question indicates that she does not understand what measures she can take to increase her level of self-care.

tsand2

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Wow, this really help

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library