This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When planning care for children, the nurse knows which of the following factors has the largest ... (Read 15 times)

tsand2

When planning care for children, the nurse knows which of the following factors has the largest impact but is not able to be altered to influence the growth and development of children?

A) Environment
  B) Genetics
  C) Socialization
  D) Family

Question 2

A nurse will know that teaching to increase self-care is effective when a female patient makes which of the following comments?

1. I'll do whatever you say; you're the nurse..
  2. I don't think I can quit smoking..
  3. I exercise for 30 minutes 3 days a week..
  4. What do you think I should do?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

izzat

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

1. Incorrect. Doing is different from comprehension. The goal of teaching about self-care is for the patient to understand the factors associated with her care. Generally, an understanding of self-care practices increases the chances of patients practicing healthy behaviors.
2. Incorrect. Smoking is only one behavior associated with self-care in pregnancy. Addi-tionally, the goal is for the patient to seek self-care health behaviors, not discount them.
3. Correct. This statement indicates the patient's willing participation and understanding of healthy self-care behaviors.
4. Incorrect. The patient's question indicates that she does not understand what measures she can take to increase her level of self-care.

tsand2

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library