This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A school nurse is preparing educational activities for all high school students on reproductive ... (Read 79 times)

Anajune7

A school nurse is preparing educational activities for all high school students on reproductive health. The principal cautions that the program can only contain information about sexual abstinence. Which action by the nurse would be most appropriate?

A.
  Argue that abstinence-only programs do not work and are not valuable.
  B.
  Discuss the need to have information appropriate to the teens' experience.
  C.
  Plan the program but encourage questions not related to the prepared material.
  D.
  Prepare an abstinence-only program because teens should not have sex.

Question 2

A nurse is teaching conflict-resolution strategies to a group of teen mothers at risk for violence. Which statement by a participant indicates understanding?

A.
  Friends of mine have said they would be willing to help in a crisis.
  B.
  If good communication doesn't solve the problem, I will leave.
  C.
  If we can't settle our differences, we will have to start talking all over again.
  D.
  My mother can help my boyfriend and me resolve a conflict.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshbk44

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Education on sexual health should take into consideration the age and sexual experience of the audience. For teens who have not yet had sexual intercourse, an abstinence-only program might make sense. However, if the teens have already engaged in sexual intercourse, they are likely to continue this behavior, and the program should focus on using condoms in order to avoid unprotected sex and its risks. Abstinence-only programs cannot be characterized as being of no value. Encouraging teens to ask questions off the prepared topic is a passive-aggressive action. It is not up to the nurse to decide if teens should have sex or not.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Successful conflict resolution strategies enable the teen to remain calm and safe. If communication and respect do not work to resolve the conflict, the teen should remove herself from the situation. The other statements do not show that the teen has understood this message.

Anajune7

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library