This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A school nurse is preparing educational activities for all high school students on reproductive ... (Read 87 times)

Anajune7

A school nurse is preparing educational activities for all high school students on reproductive health. The principal cautions that the program can only contain information about sexual abstinence. Which action by the nurse would be most appropriate?

A.
  Argue that abstinence-only programs do not work and are not valuable.
  B.
  Discuss the need to have information appropriate to the teens' experience.
  C.
  Plan the program but encourage questions not related to the prepared material.
  D.
  Prepare an abstinence-only program because teens should not have sex.

Question 2

A nurse is teaching conflict-resolution strategies to a group of teen mothers at risk for violence. Which statement by a participant indicates understanding?

A.
  Friends of mine have said they would be willing to help in a crisis.
  B.
  If good communication doesn't solve the problem, I will leave.
  C.
  If we can't settle our differences, we will have to start talking all over again.
  D.
  My mother can help my boyfriend and me resolve a conflict.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshbk44

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Education on sexual health should take into consideration the age and sexual experience of the audience. For teens who have not yet had sexual intercourse, an abstinence-only program might make sense. However, if the teens have already engaged in sexual intercourse, they are likely to continue this behavior, and the program should focus on using condoms in order to avoid unprotected sex and its risks. Abstinence-only programs cannot be characterized as being of no value. Encouraging teens to ask questions off the prepared topic is a passive-aggressive action. It is not up to the nurse to decide if teens should have sex or not.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Successful conflict resolution strategies enable the teen to remain calm and safe. If communication and respect do not work to resolve the conflict, the teen should remove herself from the situation. The other statements do not show that the teen has understood this message.

Anajune7

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

tuate

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library