This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is an appropriate conclusion to draw from research based on network therapy ... (Read 39 times)

Garrulous

Which of the following is an appropriate conclusion to draw from research based on network therapy theory?

a. Nurses can help at-risk populations access or build support systems.
  b. Problems in our health care system are worsened by specialization and fragmentation.
  c. Social class places limitations on access to health care.
  d. The family is culturally anchored in American beliefs.

Question 2

I don't want to listen to another lecture on safe sex. Just give me my antibiotic and let me leave, said a defiant client. Which of the following would be the best response by the nurse?

a. As you wish. But can you tell me why you still engage in unprotected sex?
  b. Gonorrhea is becoming resistant to antibiotics. It's becoming difficult to treat you, and permanent damage to your body is occurring.
  c. Our policy requires that we review how to protect yourself even if you have heard the information before.
  d. These recurrent infections are damaging you inside; please consider using condoms.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ciecieme

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Network therapy theory involves changing the network of families, be it extended family or friends, who tend to maintain a dysfunctional status quo in the nuclear family. The nurse can help the family replace or expand their network with other resources from the wider system that would be able to provide more support and enhance family functioning.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Gonorrhea is becoming resistant to all our current drugs. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has had to change its treatment guidelines. Also, persons with gonorrhea often have other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as well. This person has heard the lectures on safe sex and is not changing personal behavior. Upholding policy or appealing to the person's better emotions is probably ineffective. Many people have become complacent about STDs. The nurse is obligated to warn the patient that the infections are becoming resistant to pharmaceutical treatment.

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library