This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which comment by the nurse would best support relationship building with a victim of partner abuse? ... (Read 62 times)

kamilo84

Which comment by the nurse would best support relationship building with a victim of partner abuse?

a. You are feeling violated, because you thought you could trust your partner.
  b. I'm here for you. I want you to tell me about the bad things that happened to you.
  c. I was very worried about you. I knew you were living in a potentially violent situation.
  d. Abusers often target people who are passive. I will refer you to an assertiveness class.

Question 2

A nurse caring for victims of violence plans care based on an understanding that after the initial impact, most victims begin to react emotionally to effects of the traum

a. This second stage of recovery is known as:
  a. disorganization.
  b. reorganization.
  c. retribution.
  d. recoil.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zoeyesther

Answer to Question 1

A
The correct option uses the therapeutic technique of reflection. It shows empathy, an important nursing attribute for establishing rapport and building a relationship. None of the other options would help the patient feel accepted.

Answer to Question 2

D
In the recoil stage, emotional stress is high as the individual strives to come to terms with what has happened. The victim talks about the incident and his or her feelings about the trauma. Reorganization is the third stage of recovery, in which grief over the incident is resolved. Retribution is not a stage in the recovery process. In the impact stage, common responses are shock, denial, and disbelief. Disorganization may be a reaction in the impact stage.

kamilo84

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library