This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is diagnosed with somatoform disorder and depression. The nurse should explain to the ... (Read 37 times)

ssal

A client is diagnosed with somatoform disorder and depression. The nurse should explain to the client that a useful drug to treat both the pain and the symptoms of depression will require that the client:

A) Sign a no-suicide contract.
  B) Be careful not to eat foods that contain aged cheese.
  C) To use sunscreen when exposed to bright sunlight.
  D) Limit the amount of water he or she drinks.

Question 2

A 10-year-old child with Tourette's disorder is receiving haloperidol as part of his treatment plan.

When assessing the child at a follow up visit, which statement by the child would lead the nurse to suspect that he is experiencing a side effect of the drug?
  A) Sometimes I feel like I'm so sleepy.
  B) I'm eating about the same amount as before.
  C) My muscles seem pretty flexible lately.
  D) I think I'm much more alert with this drug.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

blakcmamba

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A

ssal

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library