This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 42-year-old woman seeks crisis intervention. She tells the nurse I cannot take it anymore It has ... (Read 18 times)

Themember4

A 42-year-old woman seeks crisis intervention. She tells the nurse I cannot take it anymore It has
  to stop. Last year my husband had an affair, and we do not communicate anymore.

Three months
  ago I found a lump in my breast that the doctor is watching closely, and yesterday my 20-year-old
  daughter told me she is quitting college and moving to another state with her boyfriend.. The type of
  crisis the client is experiencing is
  a. maturational.
  b. situational.
  c. adventitious.
  d. recurring.

Question 2

A nurse who leads group therapy for a group of depressed clients also plans to implement a plan of
  exercise for each client. The rationale to use when presenting this plan to the treatment team is that
  exercise

a. releases hormones called -endorphins that have antidepressant and anxiolytic
  effects.
  b. prevents damage from sympathetic nervous system overstimulation.
  c. improves circulation and oxygenation to brain and body cells.
  d. detoxifies the body by ridding it of metabolic wastes.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Shshxj

Answer to Question 1

B
A situational crisis arises from an external source and involves a loss of self-concept or self-esteem.
Option C: An adventitious crisis is a crisis of disaster, such as a natural disaster or crime of violence.
Option A: Maturational crisis occurs as an individual arrives at a new stage of development, when
old coping styles may be ineffective. Option D: No classification of recurring crisis exists.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
-Endorphins produced during exercise result in improvement in mood and lowered anxiety. The
other options are not accurate.

Themember4

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library