This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 42-year-old woman seeks crisis intervention. She tells the nurse I cannot take it anymore It has ... (Read 19 times)

Themember4

A 42-year-old woman seeks crisis intervention. She tells the nurse I cannot take it anymore It has
  to stop. Last year my husband had an affair, and we do not communicate anymore.

Three months
  ago I found a lump in my breast that the doctor is watching closely, and yesterday my 20-year-old
  daughter told me she is quitting college and moving to another state with her boyfriend.. The type of
  crisis the client is experiencing is
  a. maturational.
  b. situational.
  c. adventitious.
  d. recurring.

Question 2

A nurse who leads group therapy for a group of depressed clients also plans to implement a plan of
  exercise for each client. The rationale to use when presenting this plan to the treatment team is that
  exercise

a. releases hormones called -endorphins that have antidepressant and anxiolytic
  effects.
  b. prevents damage from sympathetic nervous system overstimulation.
  c. improves circulation and oxygenation to brain and body cells.
  d. detoxifies the body by ridding it of metabolic wastes.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Shshxj

Answer to Question 1

B
A situational crisis arises from an external source and involves a loss of self-concept or self-esteem.
Option C: An adventitious crisis is a crisis of disaster, such as a natural disaster or crime of violence.
Option A: Maturational crisis occurs as an individual arrives at a new stage of development, when
old coping styles may be ineffective. Option D: No classification of recurring crisis exists.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
-Endorphins produced during exercise result in improvement in mood and lowered anxiety. The
other options are not accurate.

Themember4

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Every flu season is different, and even healthy people can get extremely sick from the flu, as well as spread it to others. The flu season can begin as early as October and last as late as May. Every person over six months of age should get an annual flu vaccine. The vaccine cannot cause you to get influenza, but in some seasons, may not be completely able to prevent you from acquiring influenza due to changes in causative viruses. The viruses in the flu shot are killed—there is no way they can give you the flu. Minor side effects include soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given. It is possible to develop a slight fever, and body aches, but these are simply signs that the body is responding to the vaccine and making itself ready to fight off the influenza virus should you come in contact with it.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library