This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An elderly woman with right-sided weakness has tears in her eyes and sadly states, I used to brush ... (Read 53 times)

Tazate

An elderly woman with right-sided weakness has tears in her eyes and sadly states, I used to brush my hair 100 strokes a day and now I have to rely on others to do it. Which response from the nurse would be the MOST empathetic?

a. It must be hard not to be able to do things for yourself.
  b. Let me brush your hair and then I'll help you with breakfast.
  c. With physical therapy, you will be able to brush your hair again someday.
  d. That's true, but there are lots of other things you are capable of doing for yourself.

Question 2

Nursing programs must complete processes that appraise institutions, programs, or services that meet predetermined structure, process, and outcome criteria. This process is:

a. accreditation c. didacticism
  b. competency d. licensure

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

iceage

Answer to Question 1

A
Empathy is the capacity to understand another person's feelings or perception of a situation, in an objective manner.

Answer to Question 2

A
Accreditations are processes that appraise institutions, programs, or services that meet predetermined structure, process, and outcome criteria. This ensures standards for educational programs.

Tazate

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

bimper21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library