This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In reviewing the developmental patterns of young adults, the nurse is aware that individuals at this ... (Read 22 times)

Frost2351

In reviewing the developmental patterns of young adults, the nurse is aware that individuals at this point in their life usually tend to do which one of the following?

a. Continue their physical growth.
  b. Experience severe illnesses.
  c. Ignore physical symptoms.
  d. Seek frequent medical care.

Question 2

The client continues to ask questions about a surgical wound, and states, I think I would like help the first time I look at my wound. This is an example of which of the following?

a. Guided response
  b. Adaptation
  c. Perception
  d. Organizing

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kxciann

Answer to Question 1

C

Feedback
A Young adults generally do not continue their physical growth.
B Young adults experience severe illnesses less commonly than older age groups.
C Young adults generally are quite active, experience severe illnesses less commonly than older age groups, tend to ignore physical symptoms, and often postpone seeking health care.
D Young adults often postpone seeking health care.

Answer to Question 2

A
A guided response is the performance of an act under the guidance of an instructor. The client who is seeking help is demonstrating a guided response.
Adaptation occurs when a person is able to change a motor response when unexpected problems arise. This client is not exhibiting adaptation.
Perception is being aware of objects or qualities through the use of sense organs. This situation is not an example of perception.
Organizing is developing a value system by identifying and organizing values and resolving con-flicts. This situation is not an example of organizing.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library