This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is collecting information from a client with dementia. The client's daughter accompanies the ... (Read 17 times)

nummyann

A nurse is collecting information from a client with dementia. The client's daughter accompanies the client. Which of the following statements by the nurse would recognize the client's value as an individual?

A) Can you tell me how long your father has been this way?
  B) Sarah, I have to go and read your father's old charts before we talk.
  C) Mr. Koeppe, tell me what you do to take care of yourself.
  D) Mr. Koeppe, I know you can't answer my questions, but it's okay.

Question 2

A nurse in the emergency department is completing an emergency assessment for a teenager just admitted from a car crash. Which of the following is objective data?

A) My leg hurts so bad. I can't stand it.
  B) Appears anxious and frightened.
  C) I am so sick; I am about to throw up.
  D) Unable to palpate femoral pulse in left leg.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

diana chang

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C

Clients such as older adults with dementia, and their children, cannot be relied on to report accurately. However, they should be encouraged to respond to interview questions as best as they can. Bypassing the client communicates that the nurse does not have time or has doubts in the client's ability to communicate.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D

Objective data are observable and measurable data that can be seen, heard, or felt by someone other than the person experiencing them. Objective data observed by one person can be verified by another person observing the same client. Objective data are also called signs or overt data. The only objective data in this question would be that the nurse is unable to palpate a femoral pulse.

nummyann

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

bdobbins

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library