This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a client about tamoxifen therapy in the treatment of breast cancer. The nurse ... (Read 57 times)

stevenposner

The nurse is teaching a client about tamoxifen therapy in the treatment of breast cancer. The nurse tells the client that the total length of endocrine therapy is ______ years.

Standard Text: Record your answer rounding to the nearest whole number.
  Fill in the blank with the appropriate word.

Question 2

The nurse knows that client education on drug interactions with doxorubicin has been successful when the client states:

1. I can take acetaminophen if I get a fever.
  2. I can take my Celebrex for my arthritis.
  3. I can take ibuprofen for my back pain.
  4. I can take an aspirin for a headache.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fromAlphatoOmega22

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 5

Rationale: The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) recommends aromatase inhibitor therapy with exemestane (Aromasin) as an option for all postmenopausal women with ER-positive breast cancer. Aromatase inhibitors can be started as primary therapy, or instituted after the completion of 2 to 3 years of tamoxifen therapy. For most patients, the total length of endocrine therapy (tamoxifen plus aromatase inhibitor) is 5 years.

Global Rationale: The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) recommends aromatase inhibitor therapy with exemestane (Aromasin) as an option for all postmenopausal women with ER-positive breast cancer. Aromatase inhibitors can be started as primary therapy, or instituted after the completion of 2 to 3 years of tamoxifen therapy. For most patients, the total length of endocrine therapy (tamoxifen plus aromatase inhibitor) is 5 years.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Acetaminophen is appropriate to take, as it doesn't increase the risk of bleeding.
Rationale 2: Celebrex can cause bleeding when taken with doxorubicin due to its adverse effect of thrombocytopenia.
Rationale 3: Ibuprofen can cause bleeding when taken with doxorubicin due to its adverse effect of thrombocytopenia.
Rationale 4: Aspirin can cause bleeding when taken with doxorubicin due to its adverse effect of thrombocytopenia.
Global Rationale: Severe myelosuppression may occur with doxorubicin so medication that may increase bleeding (such as Celebrex, ibuprofen, and aspirin) should be avoided.

stevenposner

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library