This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who suffers from allergies to grass and mold is getting ready to cut grass. Prior to ... (Read 62 times)

khang

A patient who suffers from allergies to grass and mold is getting ready to cut grass. Prior to cutting grass, he takes cetirizine (Zyrtec). When will the patient expect the medication to reach maximum effects?

A) 1 hour
  B) 23 hours
  C) 812 hours
  D) 1224 hours

Question 2

A patient is discharged from the hospital with a prescription of warfarin (Coumadin). Which of the following statements indicates successful patient teaching?

A) If I miss a dose, I will take two doses.
  B) I will avoid herbal remedies.
  C) I will eat spinach or broccoli daily.
  D) I will discontinue my other medications.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

steff9894

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B
Most commonly used herbs and supplements have a profound effect on drugs for anticoagulation. The patient should never double up on dosing related to a missed dose. The patient should avoid green leafy vegetables due to vitamin K. The patient should not discontinue his or her medications.

khang

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library