This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If the sample size for a poll increases from 100 people to 400 people, the margin of error a. ... (Read 47 times)

maychende

If the sample size for a poll increases from 100 people to 400 people, the margin of error
 a. increases by a factor of 4, i.e. is multiplied by 4.
  b. increases by a factor of 2, i.e. is multiplied by 2.
  c. decreases by a factor of , i.e. is multiplied by .
  d. decreases by a factor of , i.e. is multiplied by .

Question 2

A random sample of 1,002 adults aged at least 18 years and living in the 48 contiguous states (i.e. any state in the United States excluding Alaska and Hawaii) was conducted by the Gallup Organization. The interviews were done over the telephone. The population represented by this sample was
 a. all adult Americans in the 48 contiguous states living in a household with a phone.
  b. all adult Americans living in the same cities as people who were actually sampled.
  c. all adult Americans.
  d. all Americans.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djpooyouma

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

maychende

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

djpooyouma

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library