Author Question: The Fed influences the interest rate by using which of the following tools? i. open market ... (Read 52 times)

KWilfred

The Fed influences the interest rate by using which of the following tools?

i. open market operations
  ii. taxes on bank accounts
  iii. changes in required reserve ratios
  A) i only B) ii only C) iii only D) Both i and iii E) i, ii and iii

Question 2

In the money market, in the short run in order to decrease the nominal interest rate, the Fed must

A) increase the discount rate.
  B) increase the quantity of money.
  C) decrease the quantity of money.
  D) decrease the demand for money.
  E) directly lower the interest rate and not change either the demand for money or the supply of money.

Melissahxx

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library