Author Question: The Fed influences the interest rate by using which of the following tools? i. open market ... (Read 53 times)

KWilfred

The Fed influences the interest rate by using which of the following tools?

i. open market operations
  ii. taxes on bank accounts
  iii. changes in required reserve ratios
  A) i only B) ii only C) iii only D) Both i and iii E) i, ii and iii

Question 2

In the money market, in the short run in order to decrease the nominal interest rate, the Fed must

A) increase the discount rate.
  B) increase the quantity of money.
  C) decrease the quantity of money.
  D) decrease the demand for money.
  E) directly lower the interest rate and not change either the demand for money or the supply of money.

Melissahxx

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library