Author Question: How to rearrange potential divider circuit formula? (Read 1360 times)

Garrulous

I have already re-arranged the potential divider formula from Vout=R2/(R1+R2 )*Vin  to 1/Vout =(R1+R2/R2) * 1/Vin

My question to you is how I can rearrange this further to get
1/Vout =( R1/Vin)*(1/R2) + 1/Vin.

I am doing this so I can get it in the form y=mx+c
Please show the working
Thanks in advance.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library