This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has heard a member of public lamenting the fact that a mentally ill person committed a ... (Read 66 times)

maegan_martin

The nurse has heard a member of public lamenting the fact that a mentally ill person committed a high-profile crime, saying, I don't know what no one could see it coming.

What perception about abnormal behavior and mental illness is this person exhibiting?

A) Internal forces are responsible for abnormal behavior.
  B) Abnormal behavior can be predicted and evaluated.
  C) Maladaptive behavior is always inherited.
  D) Mental illness is incurable.

Question 2

Which of the following statements is suggestive of the stigmatization of mental illness?

A) We're sure not putting enough money into public programs for people who are mentally ill.
  B) It's too bad that there aren't better medications to treat mental illness.
  C) I feel bad for the mentally ill, but I wish we didn't have to see them panhandling on every single corner.
  D) I think that we should look at people who are mentally ill much like we see people who are physically ill.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

huda

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
If an individual believes that abnormal behavior can always be identified by warning signs ahead of time, he or she agrees that it can be predicted.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Creating a division between us and them is a component of stigmatization. Being dissatisfied with treatment options for mental illness does not mean that the speaker is stigmatizing mental illness.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library