Author Question: I need to find an angle, x, but the formula has sin x times cos x, what do I do? (Read 1635 times)

formula1

I have the formula Q = pgH cos x sin x
and I need to find the angle x. How do I rearrange the formula and how do I put it into my calculator??

clippers!

Q/(pgH) = cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = 2cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = sin(2x)
2x = arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]
x = .5arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

Q = pgH * cos(x) * sin(x)
Q / pgH = cos(x) * sin(x)
cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH

sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x)
sin(2x) / 2 = 2sin(x)cos(x) / 2
sin(2x) / 2 = sin(x)cos(x)

cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH
sin(2x) / 2 = Q / pgH
sin(2x) = 2Q / pgH

2x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH)
x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH) / 2

sin^-1(2Q / pgH) means sin inverse of 2Q / pgH

aero

Write Q = pgH cos x sin x,  as  2Q/pgH  = 2cos x sin x

=> 2Q/pgH  = sin 2x

=> 2x = sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

=> x = (1/2) sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

Now you can find x by putting it in your calculator.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library