Author Question: I need to find an angle, x, but the formula has sin x times cos x, what do I do? (Read 1650 times)

formula1

I have the formula Q = pgH cos x sin x
and I need to find the angle x. How do I rearrange the formula and how do I put it into my calculator??

clippers!

Q/(pgH) = cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = 2cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = sin(2x)
2x = arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]
x = .5arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

Q = pgH * cos(x) * sin(x)
Q / pgH = cos(x) * sin(x)
cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH

sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x)
sin(2x) / 2 = 2sin(x)cos(x) / 2
sin(2x) / 2 = sin(x)cos(x)

cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH
sin(2x) / 2 = Q / pgH
sin(2x) = 2Q / pgH

2x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH)
x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH) / 2

sin^-1(2Q / pgH) means sin inverse of 2Q / pgH

aero

Write Q = pgH cos x sin x,  as  2Q/pgH  = 2cos x sin x

=> 2Q/pgH  = sin 2x

=> 2x = sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

=> x = (1/2) sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

Now you can find x by putting it in your calculator.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library