Author Question: A horizontal disk with moment of inertia I1 rotates with angular speed 1 about a vertical ... (Read 53 times)

rlane42

A horizontal disk with moment of inertia I1 rotates with angular speed 1 about a vertical frictionless axle. A second horizontal disk, with moment of inertia I2 drops onto the first, initially not rotating but sharing the same axis as the first disk. Because their surfaces are rough, the two disks eventually reach the same angular speed . The ratio /1 is equal to
  1. I1 / I2
  2. I2 / I1
  3. I1 / (I1 + I2)
  4. I2 / (I1 + I2)

Question 2

Two spheres, one hollow and one solid, are rotating with the same angular speed around an axis through their centers. Both spheres have the same mass and radius. Which sphere, if either, has the higher rotational kinetic energy?
  1.the hollow sphere
  2.the solid sphere
  3.They have the same kinetic energy.1

TheNamesImani

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library