Author Question: Thomas and Tony are both 7-year-olds who have been diagnosed with autism. Thomas enjoys talking ... (Read 295 times)

scienceeasy

Thomas and Tony are both 7-year-olds who have been diagnosed with autism. Thomas enjoys talking obsessively about his favorite Disney movies, while Tony has only 10 recognizable words in his expressive vocabulary. This is an example of which classification concern?

a. co-occurrence
  b. comorbidity
  c. homogeneity
  d. heterogeneity

Question 2

A mother says to her daughter, I value you regardless of your behavior. I may disapprove of what you do, but I will still respect and love you. According to Rogers, this mother is ____.

a. increasing the incongruence inthe child's self-concept
  b. expressing conditions of worth toward her daughter
  c. providing unconditional positive regard
  d. teaching the girl irrational beliefs

dellikani2015

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library