This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has heard a member of public lamenting the fact that a mentally ill person committed a ... (Read 63 times)

maegan_martin

The nurse has heard a member of public lamenting the fact that a mentally ill person committed a high-profile crime, saying, I don't know what no one could see it coming.

What perception about abnormal behavior and mental illness is this person exhibiting?

A) Internal forces are responsible for abnormal behavior.
  B) Abnormal behavior can be predicted and evaluated.
  C) Maladaptive behavior is always inherited.
  D) Mental illness is incurable.

Question 2

Which of the following statements is suggestive of the stigmatization of mental illness?

A) We're sure not putting enough money into public programs for people who are mentally ill.
  B) It's too bad that there aren't better medications to treat mental illness.
  C) I feel bad for the mentally ill, but I wish we didn't have to see them panhandling on every single corner.
  D) I think that we should look at people who are mentally ill much like we see people who are physically ill.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

huda

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
If an individual believes that abnormal behavior can always be identified by warning signs ahead of time, he or she agrees that it can be predicted.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Creating a division between us and them is a component of stigmatization. Being dissatisfied with treatment options for mental illness does not mean that the speaker is stigmatizing mental illness.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library