This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a ... (Read 168 times)

notis

The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a patient would lead the nurse to conclude that that patient is in the maintenance stage of change?

a. I haven't smoked in 2 weeks, but I have to constantly resist the urge to light a cigarette.
  b. I don't even think about cigarettes anymore. I really don't miss smoking.
  c. Each day I don't smoke, I put money that I would have spent in a jar to pay for a vacation.
  d. I am chewing gum and eating carrot sticks to keep myself from lighting a cigarette.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a client who is obese and reports having a sedentary lifestyle. What is the nurse's first action to promote this client's health?

a. Teach the client how to follow a low-calorie diet.
  b. Assist the client in a plan to increase his activity level.
  c. Explain the risks associated with the client's weight and lifestyle.
  d. Help the client identify goals for promoting health.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cclemon1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library