This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Unique baby names are a sign of a(n) _______ self-construal. a. interdependent b. independent ... (Read 31 times)

rosent76

Unique baby names are a sign of a(n) _______ self-construal.

a. interdependent
  b. independent
  c. complex
  d. nonexistent

Question 2

Singelis (1994) administered his independence and interdependence questionnaire to students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.

He found that Asian-American students agreed more with such statements as It is important to me to respect decisions made by the group and My happiness depends on the happiness of those around me than did Caucasian-American students. These findings suggest that
  a. the self-concept is more complex in Western cultures.
  b. there is a genetic component to the self-concept.
  c. one's culture influences one's self-concept.
  d. Hawaii can be thought of as one of the few cultures that shapes the self-concept of its inhabitants.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

GCabra

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

rosent76

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Gracias!

raili21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library