This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following situations is at odds with the self-esteem approach to understanding human ... (Read 33 times)

cmoore54

Which of the following situations is at odds with the self-esteem approach to understanding human behavior?

a. At first, Jim can't stand his social psychology course, but he works hard all semester to get a good grade. At the end of the semester, when he evaluates the course, he gives it high marks.
  b. Susan drives 200 miles to buy a dress that most people would call incredibly ugly. She loves it and can't wait to wear it to the next party.
  c. Nguyen studied for years to pursue a career for which she was poorly suited. She works sixty hours a week in the sleet and hot sun. Still, she says that she is thrilled with her job.
  d. Jorge absolutely hates the camp he is attending. As part of the activities, he had to wear funny hats, and sing silly songs.

Question 2

You might have heard the old Groucho Marx quip, I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me for a member. From a self-esteem perspective in social psychology, what would be a more accurateif less humorousstatement?

a. I would most want to belong to any club that would have me.
  b. I would most want to belong to a club that made me suffer to get into it.
  c. I wouldn't want to join any club at all.
  d. I would most want to avoid a club that would have me.