This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Some teratogens are harmless until they reach a certain level of exposure; they then become ... (Read 38 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

Some teratogens are harmless until they reach a certain level of exposure; they then become dangerous, thus demonstrating the

critical period effect.
  threshold effect.
  fetal teratogen effect.
  interaction effect.

Question 2

Jan took several prescription drugs early in her pregnancy before she had missed her menstrual period. What advice will the doctor likely give to Jan?

Have an abortion because the embryo will certainly have severe birth
  defects.
  Since the placenta had begun to develop, it is not likely that the drugs caused
  any harm.
  Many prescription drugs are harmless in low doses, but the doctor would
  want to know specific information about the drugs.
  It is highly unusual for prescription drugs to have any effect this early in the
  pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jxjsniuniu

Answer to Question 1

threshold effect.

Answer to Question 2

Many prescription drugs are harmless in low doses, but the doctor would
want to know specific information about the drugs.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library