This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I choose not to fire the aide who was stealing from me, because I need her assistance. Last time I ... (Read 73 times)

roselinechinyere27m

I choose not to fire the aide who was stealing from me, because I need her assistance. Last time I tried to hire an aide, there was not one available for more than three months and I had to go into a nursing home. This aide has a key to my home and knows all of my routines. If I fire her, I not only risk going back to the nursing home but also I risk her retaliation. This is a story about:
 a. Deinstitutionalizat ion
  b. The sandwich generation
  c. Self-determination
  d. Domestic violence

Question 2

All of the following statements about the disability rights movement are true EXCEPT:
 a. It is an organized political movement aimed at establishing the right for people with disabilities to develop and dwell in segregated communities where they will have peers with disabilities and can exclude nondisabled residents.
  b. It is a social action movement to raise public awareness and secure equal opportunities and rights for people with disabilities.
  c. A movement for people with physical disabilities, in which accessibility and safety are primary issues to reform.
  d. Advocates for the rights of people with cognitive and mental disabilities have focused mainly on self-determination, self-advocacy, and access to housing where individuals can live independently.