Author Question: The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile? (Read 1356 times)

curlz

I am currently in an online college Physical Science class. This question is one of the ones on my current homework assignment, and I have not been able to find it anywhere in the book or online. Please help!

The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile?

A.) 98 m/s
B.) 14 m/s
C.) 10 m/s
D.) 200 m/s

Thanks!

federox

Vy = vertical component of the initial velocity

Vy² = 2gh
Vy² = 2*9.8*5 = 98

Vy = squareroot of 98 = 9.9 m/s
answer C : 10m/s
+++++++++++++++++++

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library